Friday, July 3, 2009

We walk forever

We looked at more churches today with Caravaggio paintings, which were absolutely beautiful. He is by and large one of my favorite painters. After having taken an oil class, I think I can appreciate what he does with oils so much more.
Couldn't take pictures of these paintings, obviously, and I didn't think we needed any more images of vaulted ceilings laid in with gold. Mmyeah. I have images of a lot of them in my textbook, so I can show you all what I saw when I get back.
We walked around for a very long time today, shopping and looking around. We walked around the Pantheon area and then the Campo de Fiori. I ended up buying that leather bag that I've had my eye on for three weeks. It's beautiful and it's real and it smells wonderful and it's my one thing I'm bringing back. :)
Tomorrow we go to Tivoli to see Hadrien's Villa and a waterfall!! I am so extremely excited to get out of this city for a little while and see some nature. Yay! Don't worry, I'll take pictures on this outing.

1 comment:

  1. ha, i knew that bag was coming home with you when you told me about it! I heard there is a good yarn shop in Florence, phooey. Oh well. Not where you are going. You will see some nice things and get out of the city for a refreshing day. Oh goodie!Talk to you on Skype tomorrow! :)
    It's the 4th of July tomorrow! We got fireworks today and the flag is going up! xxxooo mom

    ReplyDelete